During my trip, I tried to upload photos to this blog just using my iPad, but of course, it wouldn't work! (Drat the luck!)  But I'm home again now with access to my computer, so I'll put photos in where I originally intended to.

My first evening in Lisbon, two dear friends took me to a dreamy restaurant, "Mesa do Bairro" (The Neighborhood Table). There were 2 doors, the left for wine connoisseurs (?) and the right for restaurant diners. The wine was super delicious, the meat was amazing and the bread, olive oil, garlic, etc. transported me to a Portuguese heaven in my mind! Since I didn't bring my iPad to the restaurant to take pictures, I'm instead relying on photos I found on the web. In the picture below, that strange-looking red thing on the table is the napkin. Even THAT was folded in a surprising way!
Unlike Japan, there were no children present to whine (wine?!) and cry and turn a spectacular dinner into a screamy night to remember, and that pure adult atmosphere was a real luxury.  In spite of the very classy and ritzy mood of the place, the price was way lower than I had imagined. I left the restaurant walking on air, thanks to the smooth wine, the fabulous food, and my wonderful friends, who went out of their way to make sure it was a special experience that I would always remember. More pictures and details about the trip on upcoming posts to Animan's World!