First of all, I want to say "Thank you" to all my wonderful friends and supporters, for making the DD6 video such a big success. Without your support, I couldn't do what I do, so I thank all of you, most humbly.

I want to apologize for letting this blog languish for so long. I tend to spend all my free time doing animation--sometimes to the detriment of everything else. I realized that there is so much fun stuff out there I could be talking about here. All animation and no blogs makes Animan a dull boy!

The other day, I was watching one of my all-time favorite Hanna-Barbera cartoon shows, "Jonny Quest", season one.  The original artwork for the show was done by comic artist extraordinaire Doug Wildey. His drawing skills were so great that the animators who had been drawing Yogi Bear and The Flintstones up to that time, had difficulty trying to emulate his beautiful style.  Often when I'm watching this show on DVD, I'll see a frame or more of video where the drawing sort of went haywire. I love to discover these drawings!

One of the first shows, "The Mystery of the Lizard Men" had a few problematic spots. My favorite hunky character Race is being held by a couple of thugs, and he pulls free, knocking another thug into a tight place. Race suddenly turns into a gooey, squash-and-stretch animation, and it's really fun to see him make the transformation. 

 I get the feeling that live models were sometimes used as a guide for the animators. Race's face looks a little bit too realistic in this frame. Notice the interesting bulge in the lizard man's wetsuit.
 Race is going to ram the villain in the old "bread basket". Making him look all blurry is one way to solve the problem of how to draw it.
I love the villain's face here! For a moment, his green wetsuit goes into full "octopus-mode". Just the bare minimum of Race's face is visible. The animation goes by in an instant, but that's what remote control pause buttons are for.